Best Western River Cities
31 Russell Plaza Drive, Ashland, KY 41101-7082
Phone: +1 606-326-0357 | Fax: 606/327-5493 | 59 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western River Cities!
Situated off Country Music Highway US 23, the Best Western River Cities is an affordable and comfortable Ashland hotel for business and leisure travel, plus it offers convenient access to AK Steel, Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Russell Railroad Days and more.
Guests of the Best Western River Cities will find that each well-appointed guestroom comes complete with all the comforts of home, including cable satellite television with HBO® and free high-speed Internet access. For a great start to the day, a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast is served to hotel guests every morning, and for a great end to the evening, a "cookie break" is offered each night. The on-site outdoor heated swimming pool is a great way to relax and the fully equipped fitness center is the perfect way to get a workout in while traveling on the road.
Business and corporate travelers will also enjoy this Ashland hotel's on-site business center, meeting and banquet space that can accommodate up to 100 people, complimentary airport and train station shuttle service and close proximity to area businesses and medical centers, including AK Steel, Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Kings Daughters Medical Center and CSX.
Just outside this hotel in Ashland, guests will find plenty of things to do and experience, including downtown Ashland, the Paramount Arts Center and more. In addition, Ashland is also home to popular festivals and events, including the Greenup County Horse Show, Russell Railroad Days, Greenbo Antique Show and Poage Landing Days. Greenup County is also the only county that has two Congressional Medal of Honor winners.
No matter what you're traveling to or through Ashland, Kentucky for, the Best Western River Cities will make your stay truly memorable and enjoyable. Book a stay online and save today on a hotel that features real Southern hospitality, comfortable accommodations and affordable rates.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facilities
- Guest laundry
- Ice/vending machines
- Safe deposit box
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Business center
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Inter corridor
- Express check out
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged facilities Pool lift at the outdoor/heated pool
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Local shuttle
- Airport car 9am-5pm available upon request
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary coffee
- Complimentary USA Today
- High-speed Internet access
Best Western River Cities
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western river cities in Ashland.
Best Western River Cities
Conveniently located, the best western river cities in Ashland, Kentucky is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 38.498215 / Latitude: -82.677135
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Portsmouth, OH. Take Highway 23 south to Russell, KY - 28 miles. Turn right between the Arby's and Golden Corral restaurant. The Best Western River Cities is on the left.
From: Paintsville, KY. Take Highway 23 north through Ashland, KY. Pass the Ashland Town Center Mall and at the fourth traffic light turn left between Arby's and Golden Coral restaurants. The Best Western River Cities is on the left.
From: Grayson, KY. Take Interstate 64 east to Exit 179. Follow the Industrial Parkway east (Route 76) for 14 miles to Highway 23. Follow Highway 23 south for about six miles to Russell, KY. At the fourth light turn right between the Arby's and Golden Coral restaurants. The Best Western River Cities is on the left.
From: Huntington, WV. Take Interstate 64 west to Highway 52 at Exit 6. Follow Highway 52 to the Ashland Bridge into Kentucky. Turn Right onto Highway 23 North. Pass the Ashland Town Center Mall and at the fourth traffic light turn left between Arby's and Golden Coral restaurants. The Best Western River Cities is on the left.
Best Western River Cities
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Spread across more than 3,330 acres of eastern Kentucky landscape, the Greenbo Lake State Park is a premier destination for travelers and locals alike. Because it's an easy drive west from Ashland, make that your launching point. No matter the season, you'll find plenty to do at Greenbo Lake State Park.
You'll find an 18-hole miniature golf course within Greenbo Lake State Park, ideal for visiting families. There's also an amphitheater for concerts and other performances, and a boat dock and marina for fishing and other aquatic fun. Be sure to try hiking any of the 25 miles of trails found within Greenbo Lake SP.
Plan your next jaunt through Kentucky and checkout the Highlands Museum & Discovery Center. Found in Ashland, and one of eastern Kentucky's premier destinations for all ages, the Highlands Museum & Discovery Center blends the history of eastern Kentucky with a charming modernity worthy of a visit.
Established in 1984, this exceptional attraction was originally known as the Kentucky Highlands Museum, and was found in the old Mayo Mansion. In 1994, it was moved to the former C.H. Parsons Department Store Building due to a lack space. See some of the top attractions within, like Space Science Hall, and the Country Music Heritage Hall.
Tour the campus at Morehead State University.
One of the many public universities across Kentucky, Morehead State University was founded in 1887 in the city of Morehead, just west of Louisa and Ashland. As you plan your next trip into eastern Kentucky, be sure to make some time for an exciting and informative campus tour at Morehead State. Neatly tucked away within the foothills of the Daniel Boone National Forest, Morehead State University is an ideal destination for traveling families looking at colleges with their kids.
On your campus tour – if you choose to take one – you'll be shown sterling highlights like Eagle Lake, the Howell-McDowell Administration Building, and the Adron Doran University Center. The MSU Eagles entertain sports fans in the area in football, basketball, baseball and soccer. During your fall or early winter visit, be sure to check out Jayne Stadium, home of the MSU Eagles football team. Ellis Johnson Arena houses the men's and women's basketball teams, while Allen Field is home to all the homers and strikeouts of Eagle baseball.
See one of the most historic and important sites in eastern Kentucky during your next visit. Don't miss out on a tour and a show at the Paramount Arts Center in Ashland. This National Register of Historic Places landmark was built in 1931 as one of the very first motion picture theaters.
Fun Trivia: the music video for the 1992 smash hit song "Achy Beaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus was filmed at the Paramount Arts Center. Today, this historic Kentucky venue hosts a wide range of shows – top recording artists, Broadway plays, and more.
Make plans to visit the Bluegrass State and do not forget your clubs. Out in the eastern region, in Ashland, discover one of the state's premier golf experiences Sandy Creek Golf Course. Accessed easily from Highway 60, and found just along the eastern shore of the Little Sandy River, this golf course rarely disappoints.
Opened for play in 1979, Sandy Creek Golf Course is a par 70, with a slope rating of 106, and a course rating of 67.1. Across the 18 holes at Sandy Creek, which play to a max of 5,755 yards, you'll find unique and stunning landscapes, all mixed in with fun challenges. Ideal for golfers of any age or caliber.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Ashland Town Center
- 1 mile(s) from Bellefonte Country Club
- 1 mile(s) from Cinemark Movies 10
- 2 mile(s) from Paramount Arts Center
- 3 mile(s) from Highland Museum
- 4 mile(s) from Kings Daughters Hospital
- 8 mile(s) from Lake Vesuvius, National Park
- 14 mile(s) from Greenbo State Park
- 18 mile(s) from Camden Amusement Park
- Adjacent to Golden Corral®, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Breakfast is served on Saturdays and Sundays only.
- .1 mile(s) from Arby's®, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .2 mile(s) from McDonalds®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- .7 mile(s) from O'Charley's, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Steaks, chicken, and seafood
- .7 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse®, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Steakhouse Steaks, Chicken & Seafood
- 1 mile(s) from Cheddar's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Chicken, steaks, and seafood
- 1 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, chicken, ribs, steaks, seafood and sports bar
- 1 mile(s) from Fazoli's®, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, pizza, salad and subs
- 1 mile(s) from Kentucky Cafe, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, steaks, salad, chicken, seafood, beer and liquor
- 1.5 mile(s) from Giovanni's, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, pizza, sandwiches, salad and baked dishes
- 2 mile(s) from Bob Evans, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, family restaurant with full breakfast, meats and vegetables
Best Western River Cities
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Ashland. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean